The Rod Blog

17 September 2005

Dad in hot water


I used to think my dad was completely bonkers when he would say just how remarkable it is that we can turn on a tap and get hot water out. Well what on earth was he going on about? Everyone just knows that that is where hot water comes from.

I’ve heard it said that to forgive your parents you must have children yourself. I think there’s an element of truth to that, but there’s also the joy of inflicting your personal neuroses and annoying habits on the new generation.

So now, as I enjoy my slide into the role of grumpy old man, it is my duty to ponder the significance of hot water from a tap. And why each basin in the gent’s is required to supply such, for the soft, office-coddled hands of those who can’t bear the strain of unheated water. This, at a time when the poor planet is creaking and groaning under the weight of so many souls.

Congratulations! Having read this far, you are now the proud owner of a Rod-induced neurosis. Perhaps you will now go forth and unleash one of your own upon a victim of your choice.

1 Comments:

  • Um... how much water did you waste to take that picture?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home