The Rod Blog

11 August 2005

Greetings Earthlings

This is my first go at a blog. Don't know whether I'll stick with it, or if anybody will ever read it, but never mind, it's not costing me anything.

A new experience yesterday. A crown. No, not one with jewels, etc, but one inside my mouth. It wasn't that bad, even with the smell of burning bone, and the banshee wailing of the drill.

Fred the Dentist was doing fine until he got distracted, and had to attend to another matter. I'm sitting in this chair, mouth agape, waiting while he rushes out. I discovered why when I went to pay the bill.

Meanwhile I'm left pondering the weirdness that is a visit to the dentist. Have you ever considered the unusual circumstances involved? A near stranger, with their assistant, hands buried up to the fists in your mouth along with thousands of dollars of hi-tech do-dahs; glues and gums, and metal scrapy-things, and the awful whiny drill. No room for modesty here.

So it's all done, I'm off the chair, and out to pay the bill. Here is where I discover Fred's distraction. It sounds like the dungeons of the Spanish Inquisition. The moaning and wailing emanating from some poor soul. I haven't heard such torment since wandering the halls of the maternity ward.

Okay, that's all for now. I promise not to fill my blog with dentist stories. Sorry if you're squeamish about such things.

3 Comments:

  • I'm not squeamish, but it does put me in mind of all the unpleasant dentist visits I've had in the past. At least *you* never had braces.
    Woo hoo! I'm the first ever visitor to the Rod Files!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:08 am  

  • Birds can adopt the "dead" or "dying" position when under attck from other birds.

    I came across a pink&grey galah speadeagled on a footpath while walking home from work earlier this year. As I approached it got itself together and flew off. Then I noticed a whole lot of other galahs swooped down to attack it again. Seems the're very territorial.

    As owls are nocturnal maybe it just fell out of bed?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 pm  

  • NOTE TO SELF: Should that be speadeagled or speadgalahed ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home