The Rod Blog

02 August 2006

Good and Evil


One thing that I really struggle with is the extremes between the good and the bad of people. The vile, stinking, shitty things that people do leave me despairing against the shining, inspirational acts of others.

It’s easy to fall into a sense of hopelessness about the crappy side of human nature. The endless news reports of murder this, or war that. I try to switch it off, but the fetid stuff leaks though the media.

I walk though pretty parks and look away from the rubbish dumped by some thoughtless turd who can’t be bothered.

Last weekend Katie and I went for a walk through a nearby plantation and found that half a dozen trees had been maliciously chopped. Why, oh why! Maybe not a big deal in the scheme of things, but if you saw only these things one could despise humanity.

Luckily I also have an eye for the wonderful works of people and nature, and acts of friendship truly make the world worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home